- What kind of information is collected?
Depending on which Services you use, we collect different kinds of information from or about you, such as:
- Information You Give Us. We collect the information you give us when using our Services. For example:
- When you register to use our Services, we ask for information such as your name, email address, phone number, and date of birth.
- You will have the ability to add information to your profile after registration.
- If you buy something on or through our Services, we collect information about the transaction. This may include your payment information, purchase activity, and shipping and contact details.
- When you post, share or communicate with other TattoHealth users on our Services, we receive and store those communications and information associated with them, such as the date a post was created.
- When you communicate with TattoHealth, you provide us with information like your email address.
- When you use our Services, you may have the option of submitting information about your physical features and dimensions.
- Information Automatically Collected About You When You Use Our Services. We also collect information automatically when you use our Services. Depending on how you access and use our Services, we may collect information such as:
- Information about your interactions with our Services, like information about the games, content, apps or other experiences you interact with, and information collected in or through cookies, local storage, pixels, and similar technologies;
- Information about how you access our Services, including information about the type of device you’re using (such as a headset, PC, or mobile device), your browser or operating system, your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and certain device identifiers that may be unique to your device;
Location information, which can be derived from information such as your device’s IP address. If you’re using a mobile device, we may collect information about the device’s precise location, which is derived from sources such as the device’s GPS signal and information about nearby WiFi networks and cell towers
2. How do we use information?
We use the information to do a number of things that help us provide our Services to you and our partners. Here are some examples:
- To provide our Services. We use the information we collect to provide you with the Services you use or request. For example, we use this information to:
- Create accounts and user profiles;
- Communicate with you about our Services;
- Enable user-to-user communications;
- Provide technical support;
- Notify you about updates to our Services; and
- Customize your experiences based on your online activities, including the content, games, apps, and other experiences you interact with; the other online services you use; and other information we collect.
- To improve, and develop your experience. We also use the information we collect to understand and improve our Services. For example, we may use the information to:
- Solicit and analyze input and feedback about our Services;
- Identify and address technical issues on our Services;
- Conduct and learn from research about the ways in which people use our Services; and
- Improve services offered by others, such as third parties that offer content, games, apps and other experiences on our platform.
- To market to you. We use the information we collect to send you promotional messages and content and otherwise market to you on and off our Services. We also use this information to measure how users respond to our marketing efforts.
- To promote safety and security. We use the information we collect to help promote safety and security, such as by investigating suspicious activity or violations of our terms or policies and protecting our or others’ rights or property.
3. Who can get information about me?
Our Services help you engage with the virtual reality ecosystem and others that interact with it. To provide and support our Services, information we have about you may be shared in certain circumstances. Here is who can see information about you when you and others use our Services.
- Public Information. Certain information you post to your TattoHealth profile, such as your name. your system-generated user ID, and avatar, will be public and visible to people on and off our Services. Your system-generated internal-ID is an opaque string of characters generated by the TattoHealth system that identifies your TattoHealth profile.
Information you post to public areas of our Services, such as a forum, blog, or other community tool, will also be visible to people on and off our Services. If you post information to these interactive features, it will be publicly available. Certain information associated with your public posts, such as the time of your post, may also be published and publicly available.
- Apps, Developers, and Other Online Content Providers that You Access on our Services. You may use third-party content and other experiences through our Services. When you use these third-party services, the third parties may be able to access information about you. For example, these third parties may be able to access:
- Information about your interaction with the third-party service, such as how long you have interacted with content or how far you have progressed in a game.
- Any other information you choose to share with the third party.
Please note that any information shared with these (or other) third parties will be subject to those third parties’ own privacy policies.
- Service providers. We may share the information we collect with vendors, service providers, researchers and other partners, who work at our direction to support the Services (such as hosting our Services, fulfilling orders, facilitating payments, analyzing the way people use our Services, processing credit card payments, providing customer service, or sending electronic communications for us).
- Other parties in connection with certain business transactions. In the event that the ownership of TattoHealth (or any portion of our assets) changes as a result of a merger, acquisition, or in the event of a bankruptcy, information from or about you or your device may be transferred to another company.
- Consent. We may share information about you for any other purpose for which you give us your consent.
We may also share de-identified or aggregate data with others for any purpose. De-identified data means information where we have removed your name or contact information. Aggregate data is data that has been combined with other data so that it doesn’t identify any specific person.
4. Responding to legal requests and preventing harm.
We may access, preserve and share information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud or other illegal activity; to protect TattoHealth, our Services, you and others, including as part of investigations; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you, including financial transaction data related to purchases made on or through our Services, may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm. We also may retain information from accounts disabled for violations of our terms for at least a year to prevent repeat abuse or other violations of our terms.
5. Third Parties that Provide Content, Marketing, or Functionality on Our Services
Some of the content, marketing, and functionality on our Services may be provided by third parties that are not affiliated with us. For example, we work with companies that help us understand how people use our Services.
Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect the information we maintain, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to our Services and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of information.
7. International Users
TattoHealth is based in the United States, and, regardless of where you use our Services or otherwise provide information to us, the information may be transferred to and maintained on servers located in the U.S. or other countries. Note that the laws, regulations and standards of the country in which this information is stored may be different from your own country. By using our Services, you consent to this collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in the U.S. and other countries.
9. Contacting Us; Data Access and Deletion